8 Most Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Yellow Eyes
The whites of your eyes are known as the sclera, and there is a reason they are called whites, not yellow’s. So, if yours are yellow, then find out why it is so immediately. A white sclera indicates your overall health while having a yellowish or reddish sclera is questionable as long as your overall health is concerned. Besides making you look older, yellow eyes can be an indication of a serious health problem. If you are wondering what do to whiten your eyes, then here are a few home remedies to make yellow eyes white right at the comfort of your home.
What Causes Yellow Eyes?
- In most cases, yellow eyes are associated with health problems affecting the gallbladder, liver, intestines, or the pancreas. As far as yellow eyes are common they can be a sign of a severe health condition related to toxins in the body and allergies.
- Also, increased consumption of unhealthy foods such as alcoholic beverages can contribute to heavy and yellowish eyes.
- To be safe, make sure that you see a doctor immediately for diagnosis. It's vital to determine the primary cause of your condition before deciding on the type of treatment to use. For instance, you have a medical condition known as jaundice that is mostly associated with yellowish eyes.
- Jaundice is caused by the breakdown of hemoglobin in the blood into bilirubin, and it doesn't clear through the body well. The building of bilirubin in the body is what causes the skin and the eyes to appear yellow. If you are diagnosed with the condition, then make sure that it's treated immediately to avoid further complications.
Symptoms Of Yellow Eyes
If you have a few of these symptoms, then it's highly likely that you have the yellow eye condition.
- Yellow eyes and skin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Body weakness
- Pale color stool
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
- Fluid accumulation in the stomach
8 Effective Home Remedies To Make Yellow Eyes White
There are several home remedies readily available in the local market that you can use to treat or manage the yellowing of the eyes. However, the best way to treat the condition is to determine the underlying cause and then treat it. Here are a few effective home remedies to make yellow eyes white.
1. Fruits And Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables have tons of vitamins and antioxidants that are important as far as the health of your eyes is concerned. Besides whitening your eyes, eating fruits and vegetables also helps to detoxify your liver and help you to maintain your bright eyes. Remember, a toxic liver will hinder the processing of foods and nutrients such as vitamins in the body while encouraging the development of serious health problems. Consider eating plenty of vegetables and fruits such as lemons, oranges, pumpkins, spinach, and kales, among other food.
2. Eat Carrots
Carrots are a top priority type of food you should consider if you have eye problems leave alone yellow eyes. Besides brighten yellow eyes to white, carrots are rich in Vitamins A and C what makes it an effective remedy for weak eye vision. Carrots can prevent the accumulation of foreign substances from the air in the eye.
3. Essential oils
For decades, essential oils have been used to treat a variety of health conditions. For yellow eyes, consider using the following essential oils;
- Olive Oil And Tea: This is a great recipe that you can use to brighten your eyes. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants while tea has bioflavonoids properties that are essential in fighting off inflammation, bacteria, and yellow eyes. Just rub some olive oil on the eyelids and then place a wet, chilled tea bag on the eyes. Allow it to rest for about 10 to 15 minutes then wash it off.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is another effective essential oil home remedy for yellow eyes. Besides clearing and whitening yellow eyes, coconut oil also rejuvenates and revives the skin around the eyes. Take a few drops of natural coconut oil and massage it in circular motions on your eyes using your fingers for about 5 to 10 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
4. Ginger And Honey
Ginger and honey are great honey remedies for several conditions, including whitening yellow eyes. Grate a small piece of ginger and make some ginger tea. Add about one teaspoon of honey to the tea and massage the eyes using your fingers. Allow it to rest for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
5. Drink Enough water
Hydrating well is the key to having healthy and bright eyes. It keeps your eyes clear if impurities while reducing puffiness and yellow in the corner of eyes. While doctors recommend that you drink 8 glasses of water per day, you can add it to 10 glasses to make sure that your body is fully hydrated for bright eyes.
6. Wear Sunglasses
UVA and UVB rays are common causes of eye damage. It's therefore extremely important that you protect your eyes from these conditions. Just like how you use sunscreen to protect the skin from the UV rays, to protect your eyes, then wear sunglasses. While it may not treat the yellowing of the eyes, it will promote faster healing and defend you against the condition.
7. Sleep And Rest Well
Getting enough sleep is fundamental for your overall body health. For your eyes, having enough sleep allows your eyes to rest well and in return, restore the natural bright color of your eyes. Without enough sleep, your eyes will look puffy, reddish, and tired. Try and sleep for about 7 to 8 hours per night. Meditation or soft music can help you sleep better.
8. Cold Compression
Using a cold compress on your eyes is useful in whitening the color of your sclera. It also helps in reducing puffiness and tiredness in the eyes, making you look younger. Soak a small towel on ice water. Wring it and place it over your eyes for about 5 minutes. Repeat the process for about 4 to 5 times a day for faster results, especially for slightly yellow eyes.
Tips For Bright White Eyes
- Stay hydrated
- Eat lots of lean protein such as legumes, fish, and nuts
- Eat lots of fruits
- Avoid foods with high amounts of saturated and trans fats
- Avoid processed foods
- Avoid using tobacco products
- Avoid eating refined carbohydrates
- Avoid soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Don't abuse medications
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid irritants such as dust, pollen, and smoke
- Don't strain your eyes for extended periods of time. Blink periodically to reduce eyestrain and avoid exposure to extremely bright screens
Now that you know about yellow eyes and the various home remedies to make yellow eyes white, then it's upon you to get them and try them. If you don't have the condition, then take care and avoid triggers that can cause your eyes to change from white to yellow. Also, if you aren't sure what's causing the problem, consult with your doctor first before treatment it on your own - some conditions may require immediate attention.