How to do Twin Heart Meditation?
Twin Heart Meditation is based on the principle that some of the major chakras are entry points or gateways to certain levels or horizons of consciousness. To attain illumination or cosmic consciousness, it is absolutely necessary to fully activate the crown chakra. And, this can be done only when the heart chakra is fully activated. The Twin Hearts, thus refers to the heart and crown chakras.
Procedure of Meditation on Twin Hearts
1. Cleansing Exercise
- Cleanse the etheric body by doing simple physical exercises for about five to ten minutes. During this exercise, light greyish matter, or used prana, is expelled from the etheric body.
- The basic exercises include: eye rolls, neck rolls, arm rolls, hip rolls or swivels, trunk twisting, knee rolls, simple bending exercises, and squatting exercises. The roll exercises should be done in both directions and all exercises should be done in sets of twelve, with the modified squats in a set of fifty.
Sit in a comfortable position - either in a lotus position or on a chair with the spine erect. Breathe deeply from the abdomen in a slow and rhythmic manner, which allows your body to relax.
Invoke Divine Blessings from whatever God or Spiritual Teacher you believe in. The invocation is important to one's protection, help, and guidance. Without any invocation, the practice of any advanced meditation can be dangerous.
4. Activating the Heart Chakra
- To activate the front heart chakra press the centre of your chest with your finger for a few seconds. Think of any joyful moment of your life. This could have been with a friend, loved one, or a spiritual guru. Meditate for a few moments remembering this feeling and turn your attention to your heart chakra and have the same feelings for the chakra.
- Then, concentrate on the front heart chakra and bless the whole world with this loving-kindness by raising your hands and allowing the energy to flow through your arms to your hands and to the earth. When blessing the entire earth, visualize it as a small ball in front of you, being filled with dazzling white pinkish light. During the blessing, visualize people smiling and filled with joy, faith, hope, and peace. You can also visualize enemies reconciling, embracing and forgiving each other. You should also personally feel joy, happiness, and peace filling your entire being while blessing the earth.
- Remember not to direct these blessings to infants, children, or individuals because they might be overwhelmed by the intense energy generated by this meditation. Instead, you can focus on groups of people.
- To activate the Crown Chakra, press the top of your head for a few seconds. Take some time to feel a loving kindness for your crown chakra and then bless the planet earth with the loving-kindness from the Crown chakra through your arms and hands. Visualize a brilliant white light flowing from your Crown chakra through your arms and hands blessing the entire earth.
5. Blessing with both Crown and Heart Chakras
Bless the earth simultaneously from both the Crown and Heart chakras with the golden light. This will align the two chakras and make the blessing more potent and powerful.
6. Achieving Illumination
Illumination can also be described as the expansion of consciousness. The process involves visualizing a point of dazzlingly white light on the top of your head and simultaneously mentally chanting the word AUM, or Amen. You should do this for about 10 to 15 minutes. When you are able to fully concentrate simultaneously on the point of light, and also on the intervals between the AUMs, you will experience an inner upsurge of light.
7. Release of excess energy
The important point to remember after meditation is to release all excess energy by blessing the earth through your hands, with light, loving-kindness, peace, and prosperity for some time until you feel your body become normal. If you still experience a feeling of congestion, continue blessing - if this is not done, the excess energy is bound to cause headaches and chest pains. In the long run, this may lead to deterioration of the physical body.
8. Closing invocation
Do the closing invocation by thanking.
After the Meditation on Twin Hearts, it is extremely important to tap or rub the areas of the liver, spleen, and kidneys to avoid any congestive energies. After this, rub your head, face, arms, legs, and trunk and do the physical exercises all over again to expel any used or diseased energies as also to assimilate the fresh and vital energy faster.