Treat Tonsils with Homeopathic Medicine
For kids growing up, enlarged tonsils can be a big problem. An enlarged tonsil and recurring infections pose various health risks for kids. A tonsil infection can lead to various other infections and diseases in the upper respiratory tract and even affect their physical growth.
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
- Strep throat
- Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy, a viable Alternative
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The role tonsils play in our body is akin to that of a watchdog and getting rid of tonsils might open up the body to further infections. Some homeopathic medicines which can be used treat tonsil infections are:
- A mixture comprising of belladonna, Hepar sulph, Kali bichromat, Kali muriaticum and Calc. Phos may be prescribed for treating chronic or acute cases of tonsillitis.
- Belladonna is one of the most well-known remedies of acute tonsillitis in children, especially ones with symptoms of high fever and congestion. They can be administered in the case of enlarged tonsils, vocal harshness, dry cough and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bartya Carb is the most reliable homeopathic remedy for repeated tonsil related illness such as inflammation and swelling. Many doctors consider this to be the best homeopathic remedy available for tonsil infections.
- For soreness of the throat or chronic tonsil enlargement, Lycopodium may be administered.
- For red, swollen tonsils with pain extending up to the ears and severe conditions of sore throat, administering Phytolacca may help in treating the rough feeling in the throat and alleviating tonsil related pains.
- If there is a lot of swelling, as is the case for acute or chronic tonsillitis, then administering Kali muriaticum is highly effective.
- If the patient is suffering from severe headache, chills, ache in the joints and muscle pain, then administering Guaiacum at the onset of such an attack may help tremendously.
- If the patient is suffering from throbbing and violent headaches or if there is a chance of abscess formation, then administering Hepar sulphur can be highly useful.
The Homeopathic Approach to Enlarged Tonsils Works in the Following Way:
- They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
- They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
- They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.
Prescribing Phosphorous in children who may be prone to chest infections as well as tonsil related illnesses is highly effective. It has been noted that Phosphorous reduces susceptibility to viral infections in such children tremendously.