How to treat common childhood ailments with effective homeopathic remedies
Many parents are hesitant in administering conventional medicines to their children out of concern for their safety. Some prescription medicines are said to be harmful to their health. Homeopathy offers an alternative to treat common ailments in kids. It is common for kids to contract minor infections and to avoid unnecessary complications due to the ingestion of chemical compounds, homeopathic remedies can be used. Some common ailments in children an their relative remedies are mentioned below.
Colic is defined as excessive crying in healthy infants, More specifically, if an infant between the ages of two weeks and four months cries for more than three hours for more than dree days in a week and for more than three weeks, then the child is said to be suffering from colic. The exact reasons for colic are not known.
Prescribed remedies for colic
- Colocynthis – This remedy is prescribed when the colic pains are severe in the morning.
- Chamomilla – When spasm inducing colic pains that are sporadic are noticed, this remedy is prescribed.
- Diascorea – When colic with regurgitation or vomiting is noticeable, this remedy is prescribed.
- Belladonna – Prescribed when colic with abdominal distension followed by vomiting of liquids is observed.
Teething is the emergence of new teeth in the child’s mouth and can be painful. Some effective homeopathic remedies for teething are mentioned below.
- Calc carb – this remedy is prescribed for teething in plump children.
- Kreosote – When teething is followed by restlessness, constipation, irritability and bleeding gums, this remedy is prescribed
- Calc phos – remedy is prescribed in the treatment of teething in children who get bored easily and those with diarrhea.
Often children fell sleepless due to irritability and other reasons.
Some homeopathic remedies for insomnia
- Coffea – This remedy is prescribed to children who are unable to sleep due to mental over-activity and to those who prefer playing over sleeping.
- Ignatia – Sleeplessness due to worry can be treated by this remedy. Children who wake up at the lightest sounds can be treated.
- Aconite – This remedy is used when the child is awake due to a fear of nightmares.
Bedwetting is one of the most common childhood ailment and it can be embarrassing for children.
- Belladonna – Prescribed to children talking in sleep and dreaming about urination.
- Rhus Tox – it is prescribed when bedwetting occurs due to restless sleep.
- Equisetum – Prescribed when the bedwetting is voluminous due to dreams r nighmares.
Chicken pox ia highly infectious disease which occurs at least once in a person’s lifetime. Children are particularly vulnerable to chicken pox.
- Sulfur – Given when the itching is intense.
- Antimonium Crudum – prescribed when the child is irritable.
Besides the remedies for such ailments, homeopathy has remedies for other common ailments in kids like irritable bowels and gastric reflux.