12 Acupressure Points to Aid Sleep
Do you suffer from extreme exhaustion or insomnia? Acupressure has become really popular among those who are looking for an easy way of getting rid of stress.
Why Opt for Acupressure?
The lifestyle most people lead nowadays is rather stressful, and people have to go to great lengths to relax and maintain a basic level of peace and calm in their lives. People’s bodies are rather fragile, and it needs a lot of protection and care from stress related problems. Acupressure is a wonderful of ensuring that people get rid of all their stress and actually sleep. Acupressure might be the best idea for people who have sleeping disorders, or are insomniacs.
Here are the 12 points on the body an acupuncturist would work on, to help you sleep.
1. Wind Mansion: Wind Mansion is the spot in the middle of the back of your head. It’s located at the base of your skull, where the hollow is. You can get relief from mental stress and sleeplessness by pressing this spot.
2. Gates of Consciousness: These gates are located on the base of the skull, too. They are between the large vertical neck muscles right beneath the skull. By pressing this spot, one can get relief from headaches, insomnia, arthritis, exhaustion, etc.
3. Inner Gate: The inner gate can be found in your inner arm, in the middle of the inner arm. It’s about 2.5 inches below the wrist. This spot can help cure nausea, indigestion and insomnia.
4. Spirit Gate: The spirit gate is located on the wrist, parallel to the little finger. Pressuring this point can provide relief from insomnia, and the common flu.
5. Inner Wrist Gate: This gate can be found on the inner wrist, in the hollow beneath your wrist. This area can provide relaxation against insomnia and exhaustion.
6. Heavenly Pillar: The Heavenly Pillar is located about 3 fingers width under the base of your skull. This point can help treat a person against exhaustion, insomnia, etc.
7. Sea of Tranquility: The Sea is located about 3 fingers width on top of your breastbone. This area can be pressured to cure anxiety, chest pain and insomnia.
8. Third Eye Point: The third eye point is between the two eyebrows, right on top of the bridge of your nose. This area can provide you with relief from insomnia and anxiety.
9. Vital Diaphragm: This area is located between the spine and the shoulder blades, near the heart. This part can be pressed till one feels relaxed enough to sleep. It can also get rid of anxiety and worries.
10. Sleep Gate: This spot is located on the inner wrist, right under the little finger. This area can be massaged and stimulated to help a person maintain their sleep cycle.
11. Calm Sleep: This point is located below the ankle bone, on the side that is facing outside. This spot can help combat insomnia, and it can help cure back pain as well.
12. Joyful Sleep: The Joyful Sleep spot is located below the ankle bone too, but it is on the inner side of the ankle. Pressuring this point can provide you relaxation from the leg, ankle pains. It can also cure hypertension, sleeplessness and anxiety.
What You Should Keep in Mind
Acupressure is a subtle art, and you have to make sure that you get the opinion of an acupuncturist before you begin. They are the only people who know exactly where the spots are, and can ensure that you don’t end up hurting yourself. Before you get an acupressure appointment, keep in mind that you should wait for a couple of hours after a meal to get your acupressure therapy done.
There is a chance that you will feel discomfort when the pressure point is being stimulated- this just means that you hold a lot of stress in that spot, and it needs to be cured.