Home Remedies for Excessive Sweating
Perspiration is a sweating disorder. Sweating is a natural process that regulates our body temperature and eliminates harmful toxins from our body. But excessive sweating causes a disorder known as ‘Hyperhidrosis’. Hyperactivity of sweat glands causes this condition. Excessive sweating is usually hereditary. Hormonal imbalance, physical exertion, stress, anxiety, infections, diabetes, heart disease, pregnancy, nervous disorder and certain medical conditions lead to Perspiration.
The body odour because of excessive sweating can lead to embarrassment. Hyperhidrosis can impact all your body parts or some like underarms, palms, feet, face, etc.
Home Remedies to Prevent Excessive Sweating
Check Some Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Hyperhidrosis
- Baking soda has alkaline properties that fight against the acids present in the sweat. So it is advisable to use baking soda in some proportions in food items.
- Bacteria is one of the prime reason causing hyperhidrosis. Coconut oil contains lauric acid that fights against bacteria. So coconut oil can be applied on the body parts that sweat.
- With the combination of baking soda, coconut oil and Shea powder you can prepare a deodorant at home. It would be unadulterated and helpful to prevent excessive sweating. Apply it on body parts where sweating occurs.
- Wheat grass juice is abundant in vitamins A, B-12, B-6 and C, proteins and folic acids. All these nutrients dilute the toxins in the blood and neutralize acids in the body. Consuming a glass of wheatgrass juice daily treats the problem of excessive sweating.
- Magnesium and vitamin B abundant sage herbal tea is a natural antiperspirant. They have antibacterial properties and contain tannic acid that contracts sweat glands and slows down the functioning of the sweat glands. So it’s good to prepare tea with sage leaves.
- Drink 2 glasses of tomato juice daily. Also, include them in the salad during lunch and dinner. They are a rich source of antioxidants. They contract the pores on the skin thereby reducing sweating.
- Avoid caffeine intake to control body temperature.
- Green tea is detoxifying and boosts metabolism rate.
- Drink black tea as it is a rich source of tannic acid. It has antiperspirant and astringent properties. Consuming black tea naturally shrinks the sweat glands.
- Applying tea tree oil on sweat prone areas for some time can have a permanent cure of excessive sweating. This oil fights bacteria as a natural anti-fungal agent.
- Drink more water. Excessive sweating can cause dehydration. It will also maintain body temperature. Fruit juices, lemon juice are also advisable.
- Chamomile is an ideal herb as a remedy for perspiration. It has astringent, antibacterial and deodorant properties. You can mix it with coconut oil and apply to the areas of sweating. You can also make a tea with chamomile.
- Grapes control body temperature with natural antioxidants.
- Lack of magnesium can also be a reason for hyperhidrosis. Thus consuming magnesium rich food like green vegetables, broccoli, bananas, apples, nuts and grains should not be a rocket science.
Natural Remedies for Underarm Sweating:
- Apple cider vinegar acts as an antiperspirant. So pour a cup of it in a litre of water. Place your feet in the bucket or vessel of it for 15-20 minutes. For armpits, apply it before going to sleep. Do regularly to control excessive sweating.
- Rub potatoes on the areas of sweating on the body. Potatoes are known as blocking agent. They absorb extra water from the body. Rubbing potatoes will absorb sweat and eliminate further sweating. Apply a piece of potato under armpit before sleeping or going out.
- Lemons contain citric acid and fight bacteria. They have a pleasant smell making it a natural deodorant. Before sleep, apply the juice to your underarms.
- Witch hazel herb is antiperspirant and astringent that dries up the sweating areas. Apply it in sweating places. It will also prevent bad odour along with sweating.
- Rubbing salt on the areas of sweat will block sweat glands and act as an antiperspirant.
Fight Body Odour
Sweating and perspiration lead to a foul odour from the body. It is embarrassing in social situations. Follow some of the following measures:
- Baking soda diminishes body odour. It can be applied to sweating areas.
- Corn-starch powder absorbs sweat. It also improves the body odour. So apply it in sweating areas.
- Lemons have a pleasant smell because of citric acid. So apply it on sweat prone areas.
- Witch Hazel herb will also prevent bad odour because of its antioxidant properties.
You can wear loose clothes at home and whenever informal. This will also prevent sweating to a certain extent and comfort you. Avoid synthetic clothes and wear cotton garments. Always carry a handkerchief when out at the workplace or with friends. It will prevent some embarrassment. Wear socks if you are wearing shoes. These are some preventive measures you can cautiously take.
To have a detailed insight about hyperhidrosis, consult best ayurveda specialists to discuss your queries and get suitable solutions.