How to Remove Heavy Metals and Other Toxins from Your Body
Heavy metals are omnipresent in our environment. They exist in varying proportions in the food and water we intake. Also in the air as pollutant particles. Industrialization and urbanization can be inferred to be the cause of heavy metals present in the majority of our bodies. A major chunk of the heavy metals can cause several health hazards to the body. Some metals in minute proportions can also cause havoc in our body. Once the toxic heavy metals enter our body, it is a herculean task to eliminate them. List of heavy metals include Mercury, Lead and Aluminium.
Cause of Heavy Metals in Body:
Pollution in water and air usually causes accumulation of heavy metals in our body. The fish consumes mercury in the polluted water bodies. Consumption of those fish dumps mercury in our body. Silver coloured fillings in our tooth are usually made of mercury amalgam that may eradicate over time. So it is better to have tooth-colored resin fillings. Some vaccines are stored in mercury-based preservatives. Wall-paints are usually made of Lead. So working in old buildings or a new layer of paints premises may increase your chance to intake lead in the body. Even shampoos and rug cleaners contain thousands of chemicals and few toxic metals.
Heavy metal poisoning can cause several health problems like heart disease, thyroid, liver disease and digestive system malfunction, breathing problems, infertility, birth defects and various intense problems.
Some symptoms of heavy metals in the body include irritability, fatigue, trouble losing weight and depression. It can detox from the body naturally over a period of time. Check below for some heavy metal poisoning remedies.
Natural Alternatives to Remove Heavy Metals from Body:
- Consume more Omega-3 Fat foods as they detoxify heavy metals in our body.
- Cilantro and chlorella naturally remove heavy metals from body passing through digestive tracts.
- The Chlorophyll liquid is metal eliminating agent chelating compound. Even Tony Stark promoted it in Iron Man series.
- With the advice of your doctor and nutrition make a detox diet and follow it regularly.
- Kaolin clay bath is known to naturally remove toxins from the body.
- Consume fruits and vegetables so that they create an alkaline state in the body. It naturally detoxifies unwanted material from the body.
- Asparagus reduces the level of pesticides in the body.
- Garlic detoxifies metals by producing white cells in the body and strengthening the immune system.
- Exercising regularly will also detoxify the harmful elements from the body. It helps to bring oxygen-rich blood to the liver and kidneys.
- Broccoli sprouts contain sulphorophanes, indole-3-carbinol and D-glucarate. Sulphorophanes are 20 times higher in sprouts than a full grown broccoli plant. So they should be used in salads as they can detoxify toxic elements in long term.
- Pantethine removes the blockages in the body that may be created because of heavy metals. So they need to be consumed on regular basis.
- Brazil nuts contain a natural detoxifying natural substance called glutathione.
More Home Remedies for Heavy Metal Poisoning:
- Use only natural cleansing supplies for household items.
- Avoid canned foods as they are stored in metal boxes. They carry a huge risk of heavy metal poisoning.
- Cook food with alliums. They include onions, garlic juice and shallots which are high in sulphur that acts as a detoxifier.
- It is recommended to follow a herbal cleansing diet. Herbs and spices have anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They naturally eliminate toxic material from the body.
- Beets are abundant source of Zinc, Magnesium, Iron and Calcium that body requires. They help in detoxification of heavy metals entered in the body.
- Stay hydrated as water is the vital ingredient for bodily functions. Water is essential to eliminate toxic metals from the body. Water is natural body cleanser. Make sure the water is purified and filtered.
- A steam bath can help detox heavy metals if done on regular basis. Sweat eliminates dirt from the body.
Heavy metal poisoning affects all parts of the body. Hence they need to be prevented. But we live in a world where we ourselves have made it herculean to avoid and prevent it. So it is better to use natural remedies to avoid heavy metals poisoning in the body.
If you have any queries regarding toxic heavy metals or you are facing any symptoms of it, Chikitsa.com is at your service. You can contact the exclusive Ayurveda Specialists in Mumbai who are just a call away.