What Medical Experts Have To Say About CBD
Cannabidiol, CBD is a compound that is produced by the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant is known to produce loads of compounds. However, the most recognized ones belong to a class known as cannabinoids, CBD. There are several cannabinoids but the two popular ones, known to the consumer market are CBD, cannabidiol and THC, tetrahydrocannabinol.
THC is the primary psychoactive compound that is in marijuana and is what gives you the "high" feeling. However, CBD does not cause any psychoactive effects and is great for those who do not want to get high but to reap its other benefits.
CBD, cannabidiol is highly popular and is easily finding, its way in various products from drops and tinctures to CBD balms and CBD infused edibles as well as a wide range of cosmetics. CBD oil is natural oil that is extracted from the flowers and leaves of the cannabis sativa plant. The chemicals in it often vary depending on how it is made and the chemicals that were in it, at the start. This means it can even contain some beneficial components such as fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals as well as amino acids.
Therefore, does CBD and CBD oil work, there are obviously loads of reviews on this from first person opinions to reputable online reviews from Hempcaptain to other medically sourced websites.
How To Consume CBD Oil?
- The physiological effect of cannabinoids tends to vary from one person to the other, depending on how it is consumed. This lack of predictability is why it is hard to develop cannabis oil into medicine.
- For instance, if two people eat a brownie made from cannabis oil, chances are that one person can absorb loads of cannabinoids while the other person may not. Moreover, how long it takes to work and stay in your system differs.
- evertheless, uniform results can be gotten from vaping or smoking the CBD oil. However, there are always obvious health concerns about smoking something.
- Nonetheless, no research has been done on the risks of smoking cannabis oil alone. This makes it unclear to know if it has the same health risks as other marijuana products, which are known to deteriorate your respiratory system while increasing your chances of stroke or heart attack.
Why Use Cannabis Oil?
- Most people claim that cannabis oil can treat loads of medical conditions from pain to acne, with some even claiming it can cure cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. However, there is no clinical evidence to back it all up.
- A 2017 review published in the journal Frontiers in pharmacology states that CBD can work to protect the hippocampus. Hippocampus is part of the brain responsible for memory, learning as well as navigation just to mention a few. Therefore, when stressed, CBD can help prevent brain-cell destruction resulting from schizophrenia.
- Nonetheless, cannabis treatment on epileptic patients has been a bit promising with Epidiolex. Epidiolex is a CBD oral solution, the only FDA-approved cannabis-based drug used for the treatment of two rare and severe forms of epilepsy.
- A recent clinical trial found it to reduce convulsive seizure by up to 50%, in kids with a type of epilepsy known as Dravet syndrome.
What Medical Experts Have To Say About CBD?
- According to Marcel Bonn-Miller, an adjunct assistant professor at the University Of Pennsylvania Perelman School Of Medicine, understanding CBD is not easy, given that marijuana is classified as Schedule 1 drug by DEA, making it hard to get any material for lab studies.
- According to DEA, Schedule 1 drugs are prone to abuse and are illegal under federal law. This makes it hard for researchers to get the drug and even if you can, there would still be many hoops to jump, deterring you to venture in the study.
- However, this does not mean that there is no research on it. Bonn-Miller states that there are a few people in the United States, who are researching on cannabinoids in humans.
- He further added that is important to take note and determine the cannabinoids useful for therapy and those with risky effects. "CBD does not appear to have any form of addiction in humans unlike THC, which has been linked with addiction among other side effects," he added.
6 Benefits Of Using CBD Oil
The anxiety alleviating and sleep prolonging qualities of CBD oil, makes it a good option for insomniac individuals, due to pain or discomfort. It can also promote daytime wakefulness when taken in small doses.
2. REM Behavior Disorder
REM behavior disorder is a parasomnia disorder that is characterized by shouting, physical agitation or acting out when asleep. When you take the oil, it can help minimize symptoms of RBD, alleviating symptoms of anxiety and painful symptoms.
3. Depression And Anxiety
Anxiety and depression have been linked with sleep disruption, but when you use CBD oil, you can easily alleviate symptoms of these disorders because it activates serotonin receptors in the brain thus the soothing and anti-anxiety effects for better sleep.
4. Chronic Pain
Cannabis oil has many medical benefits. This can work for individuals with medical conditions that cause chronic pain, like multiple sclerosis and arthritis.
This oil can also be prescribed to patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome in rare forms of epilepsy. CBD oil also increases levels of adenosine in your brain. Adenosine is a neurotransmitter that aids cardiovascular function and eases painful inflammation.
Anti-psychotic effects, non-THC CBD oil can reduce symptoms of schizophrenia and other disorders with psychotic effects.
Conclusively, educate yourself on what you are buying before making the purchase. Find a trusted source, do your research and seek medical advice before even thinking of CBD and CBD oil for any kind of treatment. This way you avoid unpredictable side effects and results, due to lack of knowledge.