10 Most Popular Alternative Medicine Treatments and Their Use
Are you looking for alternative treatment for any of your health issues or problems? The solution might be at hand and you just need to know which alternate form of treatment would work best for you. This choice of alternative treatment would depend on the kind of problem or disease we are looking at. Sometimes, we are unable to pick an alternative course of treatment since we do not do our research well. Not all alternative medicines would have required effect or be useful for treatment of any of the disease we might be troubled by. Here is a list of a few of the 10 most popular alternative medicines to allopathic treatments and what it is used for.
10 Most Popular Alternative Medicine Treatments
1. Ayurveda treatment: The Indian system of medicine and treatment lays emphasis on the use of massage, diet, exercises and natural plants, tree barks, herbs, shrubs, seeds or any other tree part to treat any form of disease or infection. The diagnosis is based on the symptoms and since the medicine is a natural produce it has no side effects.
2. Homeopathy: Homeopathy is another alternate medical treatment that focuses on fixing the root cause of a disease or infection. A cold could be caused repeatedly due to a weak immune system; homeopathy would try to fix the same. The medicine usually works slowly over a long duration, but is effective in its healing. The doses are small and are mostly plant based.
3. Naturopathy:The treatment focuses on getting the person to relax and real out all negative energy through reviving the personâ€™s connection with nature. Naturopathy uses massage, all forms of natural treatments like aromatherapy, and use of natural plants and herbs in their raw form to cure and treat all disease.
4. Acupuncture or acupressure: This alternative treatment form is based on the fact that the human body succumbs to diseases when the negative energy gets stuck in a certain body part or node. Hence, it becomes important to relieve that negative energy to restore balance in the human body. It is a treatment form that needs a high level of skill to insert needles at right angle or to put pressure in the right place and right angles to get the best result
5. Holistic treatments: The aim of holistic treatments is to achieve a balance in the human body with the heart, body, mind and soul and in turn achieve a balance in the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of the person to achieve good health. The holistic treatments believe that the human body is made up of these three components and even if one is not working fine, a person is bound to fall sick. The doctor will look at a patient's eating habits, sleep, drink, smoke and even work patterns to chalk out a treatment plan that can involve medicine as well as lifestyle changes.
6. Yoga: The ancient Indian form of exercise, body stretching and controlled breathing focuses on a personâ€™s inner balance as well as outer balance. Yoga aims to bring in a mental, physical and emotional balance through a variety of yoga postures as they help improve body control, flexibility, blood circulation, balance and reduce stress.
7. Reiki: Reiki is based on the belief that the power of healing exists in the universe and if properly channelized it can be transferred to people with the use of hands through the palms. The flow of energy is believed to help people get back their good health and peace of mind.
8. Meditation: Many people believe that it is important to meditate to fix the root cause of many of our diseases of today. Meditation helps reduce stress and thereby helps one relax and on the whole help a person restore balance and peace of mind.
9. Chiropractic treatment: This treatment refers to use of weights and pressing of special body points to treat the ailments related to the backbone of the human body.
10. Hypnosis or imagery: These are little known and less used forms of alternative treatment that focus on getting the person to talk about their diseases and based on the expressions, get the root cause fixed by discovering it.
Discretion is expected from the patientâ€™s end when they go in for any form of alternate treatment and speak with someone who has used it and got good results.