Acai Berry Diet Pros and Cons
Do you want to lose weight, detox your body and enjoy the benefits of antioxidants? The good news is you can have all three without too much effort. Just take a look at the Acai Berry Diet.
The Acai berry diet has become really popular because of its weight loss advantages. It is a good detox diet. The diet uses the Acai berry and many dietary supplements that include the berry. There are a lot of people who swear by the efficiency of this diet. However, there is a lack of scientific backing to the claim that Acai berries can actually boost metabolism and help a person lose weight. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Acai berry diet.
Acai Diet Pros
1. What does the Acai berry diet include?
The Acai berry diet contains a lot of natural substances. That’s one of the main reasons why the diet has become so popular of late. Some of the ingredients included in the diet are Vitamin B, chromium, cocoa, green tea, cascara sagrada, magnesium
, hoodia, dandelion, omega-3 fatty acids.
2. Health Benefits of Acai Berries
Acai berries are full of anthocyanins and flavonoids. The berries are full of antioxidants. These antioxidants are good when it comes to boosting the immune system. It can also prevent heart disease and some forms of cancer. Acai berries are also included in a lot of skin care products because it has a good impact on skin tone and texture. Eating Acai berries regularly can get rid of skin issues like acne, acne scarring, wrinkles, etc.
3. Acai Berry and Weight Loss
It is possible for you to lose weight by consuming enough Acai Berries. Acai berries can boost metabolism and help you lose weight faster. When your metabolism increases, you will be able to burn off fat at a much higher rate than before. This way, your body will burn out all the extra fat in no time at all and you will be able to become slimmer.
Acai berries are also really good for the digestive system. The flavonoids and the antioxidants in the Acai berries are really good for the digestive tract. This ensures that the food is being digested properly- so that nothing you eat is wasted, or converted into spare fat. This is a great way of losing weight, for it is healthy, too.
4. Lack of Scientific Backing
The biggest disadvantage of the Acai berry diet, of course, is the fact that it does not have medical backing. Some medical researches (mostly animal based) show that acai berries increase the level of antioxidants in a person’s body. They also show that these berries can reduce inflammation. But there is no definitive proof that they can aid weight loss. However, these researches and studies are still at the preliminary level. If you are really specific about the kind of diets you go on, it might not be a wise idea for you to go for the Acai berry diet- it does not have the scientific backing many other diets do.
Acai Berry Diet Cons
Side Effects of the Acai Berry Diet
Acai berries are known to have side effects. It is necessary for you to know about these before you take up the diet.
- Acai berries can act as a laxative. If you go on a diet that requires you to eat a lot of these berries, you might experience some digestion-related problems. Loose stools and frequent bowel movements are to be expected.
- Many people who have gone on the acai berry diet have complained about its addictive nature. They find it tough to go back to their old dietary routine. They also experience appetite loss that takes a long time to go away.
- Acai berries are really rich in antioxidants. Consuming such high levels of antioxidants can cause frequent headaches. These berries are also known to cause high blood pressure in some people. You should certainly consult with an expert before you go on an Acai berry diet.