Benefits of Turmeric Milk For Weight Loss
Obesity and weight gain have been a rampant issue all across the globe. As Indians, we anyways have a fascination for food and especially spices. But can such food and especially spice help us in weight loss or it only adds on to our obesity? Well! Indian spices have been tried and tested elements which have innumerable benefits, especially for maintaining health. Among all such spices, turmeric finds a special mention given its immense benefits for human health and especially benefits for those who are trying to lose weight. Let us try to find what are the benefits of turmeric milk for weight loss?
Benefits Of Turmeric Milk For Weight Loss
Turmeric is a staple and compulsory spice in all Indian household. While turmeric owes its immense importance to its excellent antioxidant and other medicinal properties, this wonder spice also works wonders for your weight loss regime. Though this does not mean that consuming a good amount of turmeric would lead to weight loss the medicinal property of turmeric helps in reducing stomach inflammation associated with obesity. This way, the weight loss regime would surely get a boost because of the consumption of stipulated amounts of turmeric. Further, turmeric also helps in dealing with other stomach related issues, metabolic disorders, obesity, and other such health issues in human beings.
While turmeric, in Indian households, is consumed in various forms such as a part of the meal by adding it to the curries, gravies and other vegetable and lentil preparation, turmeric is also consumed by Indians as a special preparation of Turmeric Milk (though mostly offered when someone gets injured). Turmeric Milk, apart from benefits such as an excellent pain reliever (especially for joint pains), proven cure for treating injuries, and good treatment for cold and cough, is scientifically proven to be highly beneficial for weight loss regimes. The weight loss regime before starting the daily dose of turmeric milk and after adding the benefits of Turmeric milk has shown miraculous results. Some reasons why Turmeric Milk is beneficial for Weight Loss to include:
- It is the best post-dinner and before sleep drink or snack which interestingly does not add calories while satiating the bedtime hunger pangs satisfactorily at the same time.
- Turmeric milk helps in increasing metabolism because of the thermogenic property of turmeric. Turmeric, just like its cousin ginger, is known to contain shogaols and gingerols, which are thermogenic components. These thermogenic components are responsible for burning calories by increasing the metabolic activity of the body.
- Turmeric helps in leading towards Diet-induced weight loss in human beings because of the presence of dietary fiber which helps in the prevention of weight gain while aiding in the reduction of fat, thus accelerating weight loss.
- Turmeric, being a rich source of protein helps in achieving permanent weight loss (since consumption of protein becomes essential for the same). The protein content of turmeric along with the calcium content of milk is high complements each other to make turmeric milk the best option before bedtime.
- Further, Turmeric aids in digestion. Turmeric milk, thus, helps in preventing constipation (a negative consequence of weight loss regime which forces an individual to restrict the consumption of certain categories of food to get slim).
- Turmeric contains an important chemical component known as curcumin which helps in preventing fat accumulation in the adipose tissue (the white adipose tissue in the human body is the fat factory and fat storage site which leads to obesity).
How To Prepare Turmeric Milk?
Among all the weight loss recipes which include the important component of turmeric, turmeric milk provides the dual benefit of milk (warm milk) and turmeric. The recipe for preparing turmeric milk is as below:
- A cup of full fat or whole milk needs to be boiled and allowed to cool down slightly
- Then add turmeric powder (around ¾ to 1 teaspoon for adults and around 2 pinches to a ¼ teaspoon for kids) and freshly crushed pepper or long pepper powder (around 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon for adults and around 1 to 2 pinches for kids) and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving cup and consume while it is still hot.
How To Drink Turmeric Milk?
Though turmeric milk has significant benefits, it is best and effective if consumed as a course of certain days, say 10 days, in order to build immunity or cure symptoms such as cold and congestion. A stop-gap mechanism works wonders, especially in kids, though each body reacts differently.
Given the benefits of turmeric milk for weight loss, individuals seriously planning to undertake a weight loss campaign should seriously consider the magical properties of the drink, though after due deliberation and consideration of one’s physical and medical conditions.