How Can Naturopathy Help You Live a Healthy and Disease-Free Life?
Image courtesy of zirconicusso at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Ever since Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal headed for naturopathy treatment for his chronic cough problem, it has brought this field of alternative and holistic medicine to the forefront once again. Just like Arvind Kejriwal, many people are turning to Naturopaths to treat certain chronic diseases and ailments and do away with the side effects, often quite harmful, of allopathic treatments.
However, before you decide to chuck all your prescription medications down the drain and start on naturopathy, you should first ascertain whether it is right for you.
How Can Naturopathy Help You?
Naturopathy has been around since time immemorial. Before allopathy appeared on the scene, mankind used to use herbs, roots and bark to treat ailment. This must have been successful, as mankind survived even in adverse ancient conditions, when modern amenities werenâ€™t available. This knowledge of herbs, roots, barks and other natural health sciences was passed down from generation to generation.
Today, naturopathy is a science wherein the naturopath draws on natural health and conventional sciences to diagnose, treat as well as prevent health conditions. It aims to bring about optimal balance between the body, mind and spirit, so that the body and its life force can heal and maintain its healthy self.
Methods Used in Naturopathy
Naturopaths use a combination of chemical- and medication-free methods to help patients with certain ailments. Some of the methods used to treat patients include the following:
- Nutrition: Naturopaths pay special attention to super foods and whole foods that are loaded with vitamins and minerals that help strengthen the body. Usually, the foods are selected based on a personâ€™s body type and allergies, if any.
- Acupuncture: Small, thin needles are inserts at very specific points in the body. Naturopaths believe this clears energy blockages and allows energy within the body to flow unobstructed to facilitate healing. Acupuncture also stimulates organs and systems to work optimally.
- Herbs: Using ancient knowledge and experience, naturopaths concoct plant-based tonics containing natural compounds and chemicals to treat a wide range of ailments.
- Massage: This method of treatment is used to release accumulated tension and negative emotions from the body. Massage therapy can heal certain physiological and emotional disorders.
- Homeopathy: This is a sub-branch of naturopathy that uses medicines derived from animals, plants and minerals to heal and treat the body and mind holistically.
- Flower Essence: Many naturopaths also use aromatherapy to treat certain emotional problems, such as anger, depression, fear and excessive stress.
- Meditation: Using breathing and calming techniques, naturopaths help people achieve physical, mental and spiritual health and wellbeing.
What Can Naturopathy Treat Effectively?
Naturopathy has the ability to treat just about any health condition. However, there are some conditions that have better outcomes when treated using naturopathy. These include:
- Skin conditions
- Menopausal symptoms
- Respiratory problems
- Digestive disorders and problems
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
Cancer is one disease that most naturopaths donâ€™t treat. However, you can approach a naturopath to seek treatments to improve quality of life and reduce side effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. It also improves the outcomes of surgeries performed to remove malignancies, thereby increasing the chances of remission.
If you are looking for a qualified and experienced naturopath, look no further than Chikitsa.com. This site allows you to find healthcare practitioners, naturopaths and other alternative specialists, using a wide range of search features, such as specialty, location, procedure and name. With Chikitsa.com, you can first do research and then go ahead and find a naturopath in your city or town to address your health concerns and wellbeing natural, chemical-free methods.