Homeopathic Medicines For Phlegm In Throat
We all have experienced ill health due to change of weather either from hot to cold, cold to hot or damp. The commonest complaints reported to the clinics by patients are that of irritation in the throat, sore throat, fever or phlegm in throat.
Phlegm in the throat is nothing but the presence of mucus in the throat generally when a person is sick. Mucus formation is our body’s normal protective mechanism against infections or foreign bodies, which means that whenever mucus is produced, our body’s defences are working optimally.
Yet, when mucus is formed excessively, it can cause discomfort and may be an indication of an illness which needs medical attention. Phlegm in the throat may be present due to the following reasons
- Infections – Infections of the throat such as influenza or common cold
- Sinusitis – This could be due to acute or chronic. Sinusitis often causes post nasal drip, which is a sensation of mucus dropping at the back of the throat.
- Bronchitis – Infection, and inflammation of lower respiratory tract which tends to release sputum along with cough
- Acid Reflux – In people who have acid reflux disorder, phlegm is frequently developed in the throat as a protective layer against gastric acid which irritates the throat
- Food Allergies – If a person is allergic to certain food substances, the throat tends to get swollen and mucus is produced to trap the food particles
- Cigarette Smoking
- Lung Diseases – Such as pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease or chronic bronchitis.
Phlegm in throat for a long period of time can be a fairly irritating condition since it can hamper a person’s day-to-day activities as they constantly try to clear their throat in order to get rid of it.
When dealing with phlegm in the throat, people tend to try out all possible home remedies to find immediate relief from their symptoms and to get rid of phlegm in the throat with none or least possible side effects.
Some home remedies can be used along with homeopathic remedies to get rid of phlegm in the throat such as
- Steam inhalation or use of a humidifier in the room to keep the air moist
- Chewing on hard candies to prevent frequent throat clearing and also to get rid of bad taste due to the phlegm
- Drinking plenty of water to help keep the mucus thin
- Salt water gargling as a saline environment in the mouth and throat prevents the development of infection
- Use of eucalyptus oil or products to keep the nose and throat clear
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine.
- If you suffer from acid reflux, avoid foods that can make the condition worse and allows the throat to recover
Homeopathic Medicines For Phlegm In Throat
In the last few decades, Homeopathy has gained immense popularity by being known as a system of medicine which is capable of offering favourable results for a wide range of illnesses without any side effects.
The common myth that “Homeopathic medicines are slow to act” has also been busted with the help of numerous studies and case records which prove that homeopathic medicines act beneficially even in a short duration of time when chosen correctly.
Some Commonly Used Homeopathic Medicines For Phlegm In Throat Along With Their Indications
|Sr. No.||Homeopathic Medicine ||Indications For Use|
This remedy works beneficially in cases of common cold, influenza and catarrhal bronchitis.
The sensation of fullness at root of nose. Soreness of throat with dropping of mucus at the back of the throat.
Dry cough especially at night, worse from breathing in.
Thick mucus in the throat causing constant hawking.
The throat is raw, rough and sore. The sensation of a splinter in the throat while swallowing.
Cough with the sensation of hair in the throat.
Indicated for people who have a tendency to catch a cold at every change of weather.
Swelling of tonsils with difficulty and pain while swallowing.
Hawking up of mucus.
Enlarged tonsils. Pain in throat extending to the ears.
When swallowing, the sensation of a plug in the throat.
Hawking up of mucus and cough when any part of the body is uncovered or exposed to cold air.
Mucus is yellowish-greenish
Spasmodic cough with little expectoration.
The sensation of a lump in the throat. Soreness and stitching pain in throat better from eating solid food.
Tonsils inflamed and swollen.
Cough from tickling in throat.
Phlegm is rusty, bloody or purulent.
Pain in throat while coughing.
Swelling in the throat with burning and difficulty in swallowing.
Phlegm is scanty and frothy.
Phlegm is thick and yellowish-green.
Cough in the morning with profuse expectoration. Dry cough during evening and night. Hoarseness of voice.
This remedy is indicated for catarrhal conditions of the respiratory tract. Phlegm is tough, stringy and viscid.
The throat is red, inflamed and dry.
Indicated for patients where cold settles in the throat.
Tonsils enlarged with pain as of a pinprick. Stinging pain in throat on swallowing.
This remedy is used in patients where cold fails to subside and phlegm is persistently muco-purulent and profuse.
Phlegm is thick, yellow and lumpy and very offensive in smell.
Dry throat with stinging pains.
Phlegm is adhesive and difficult to get rid of.
Cough with the discharge of profuse greenish phlegm during the day.
Violent cough in the evening until midnight with scanty expectoration.
The homeopathic materia medica has more than 100 remedies which can work effectively to get rid of phlegm in the throat if selected appropriately in a suitable dosage and repetition. The above-mentioned list simply gives an idea about what homeopathy has to offer to its patients who seek complete and long term relief from phlegm in throat. Not only do these remedies give relief, but if chosen rightly, they are also capable of removing the body’s general tendency to catch a cold or fall sick.
Since the homeopathic system of medicine solely relies on the concept of the individuality and symptom similarity (disease producing powers of medicine are its disease curing powers), it is always a wiser option to visit a qualified homeopath and receive a tailor-made treatment for your condition instead of self-medication.