Basic Ayurvedic Herbs Everyone Must Know About
Ayurveda is one of the most ancient forms practiced medicine which has its roots in the Indian sub-continent. It considered as an alternate form medicine and has been in practice for over 3000 years. Ayurvedic remedies are primarily composed of natural herbs. There are many herbs which are used in Ayurveda and some of the most basic ones are listed below.
Cilantro is a common culinary spice in Asia and Latin America. It is used in many ayurvedic remedies for its medicinal properties and its ayurvedic name is dhyanaka.
- Cilantro is used in the treatment of indigestion, fevers and allergies.
- It is also known to remove toxic metals from the body.
- It contains analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is used widely in herbal medicines in the West as well despite originating from its traditional use in Ayurveda.
Garlic is used in many cuisines across the world. But Ayurveda uses Garlic for its medicinal properties.
- It is known as Lasuna in Ayurveda and is a naturally occurring immunity booster.
- It is an effective antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial substance.
- It is used for the treatment of common cold by boosting immunity.
Amla is a tropical citrus fruit and is used in Ayurveda.
- Amla is administered in its raw form or in the form of a juice.
- Amla is known to be helpful in the treatment of indigestion, constipation and ulcers.
- It is believed to help improve digestion.
Ginger is used in Asian cuisine for its strong flavor. It is a versatile herb that is also known for its medicinal properties.
- Ginger is actually a root which is used for treatment of benign health problems such as indigestion and nausea.
- It is also used for treating more serious ailments like arthritis and migraines.
- It can easily be mixed with tea to form an immunity boosting herbal tea.
It is an Indian spice used for its flavor and coloring properties. It is used as a natural coloring agent in Indian dishes.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and an antioxidant used to strengthen the immune system.
- Turmeric has shown potential in the treatment of arthritis, cancer and diabetes.
Known in Ayurveda as Shardunikagurmar, this is a herb which has been researched thoroughly.
- It is known to be effective in treating and preventing diabetes type 2.
- It can be used as a natural sweetener.
- It is also able to control blood sugar levels.
These herbs are some of the most basic ones that are used in Ayurveda. A combination of these herbs is used to create a thorough remedy for particular ailments