Benefits of Ayurvedic Herbs
Ancient Ayurveda is totally based on treatments that are derived from naturally available herbs and fruits. Small plants that look very simple are loaded with healing and therapeutic properties that are extremely helpful to mankind. Herb compositions are available in the form of powders, pills and oils. Check out the list of beneficial ayurvedic herbs that can be life saviours.
- Ashwagandha â€“ One of the oldest herbs ever known to man is Ashwagandha meaning the scent of a horse. This herb is well known for its sleep promoting properties. It can also boost vigour and vitality, treating sexual disorders in men. The slight hypnotic and sedative effects of Ashwagandha make it the best to heal stress and depression in young adults, relaxing their brains and restoring sleep. Due to its huge range of virtues, the herb can be mixed with any other herb to make healing more effective.
- Satavari â€“ This age old herb is exclusively used for women with reproductive system disorders and those with lactating issues. The decoctions of the satavari leaves are said to be very helpful for women of all ages and helps them deal with menstruation, menopause, pregnancy and lactation.
- Brahmi â€“ A therapeutic herb found extensively in India is also one of the oldest herbs that were used in Ayurveda. It is used as a general tonic that promotes good health and the sense of well-being. Those under constant stress and the pressure to perform must always seek brahmiâ€™s help. When consumed, this super herb decreases the levels of cortisol (stress hormone) and improves the mood of the person. Cognitive skills, memory and concentration can be boosted too.
- Gokshur â€“ Called the sportsmanâ€™s medicine, Gokshur significantly increases stamina and the endurance of a person. Sportspersons who need natural supplements to boost their performance can take the help of this amazing herb. Apart from this, the leaves can also improve sexual desire and libido, heal cardiovascular disorders and promote good sleeping habits.
- Nirgundi â€“ The herbal vitamin C that fights sick cells and boosts immunity is the Nirgundi herb. For cleansing and healing wounds, there is no better medicine than the leaves of Nirgundi. For arthritic pain and inflammation, the herbs are heated, tied up in a sac and massaged over the affected areas. Instant relief and soothing effect follow. It can also treat digestive disorders and improve the appetite.
- Tagar â€“ The best skin medicine ever gifted to women is the tagar herb. Lot of skin problems are contracted by young girls and women and they feel there is absolutely no cure. Tagarâ€™s leaves are excellent at purifying the blood and flushing out toxins from the skin thereby healing acne, scars, blemishes and other skin problems. It is also a very good relaxant and cures insomnia within no time.
- Bhringraj â€“ Is there a better solution for gray hair, hair loss, spilt ends, baldness and a thousand other hair problems? We find bhringraj in every hair oil, shampoo and conditioner only because of its scalp energizing property. The fresh leaves can be ground to a paste and applied on the scalp regularly to put a full stop to hair disorders. Bhringraj leaves are also used to treat liver diseases and anaemia too.
All these magical herbs are available at Ayurveda or wellness stores. However, it is advisable that you consult an Ayurveda expert before using them. The expert can assess your health condition and suggest the right combination.