9+ Natural Herbs For Excessive Sweating
The action called sweating happens because of sweat glands. It is a healthy sign to sweat. But if the sweating increases it increases the body regulation and the mineral content. It regulates the body temperature and removes the toxins from the body through the skin pores.
Some people are prone to excessive sweating because of their natural body constitution though it is normal to have sweating during exercise, fever, hot weather conditions there are some other factors that contribute to excess sweating like:
- Hodgkins disease
Though we know that sweating is good for the body, in order to get rid of the toxins, when we don’t have any specific reason for sweating, the problems can be solved with proper usage of medicinal herbs.
1. Sage: This herb specializes in soothing the sweat producing nerve fibers. The herbs act by suppressing the perspiration after taking the juice of the herb, the effect stays for many days but you need to wait for two hours after consumption. Add 20 sages’ leaves to 2 cups to water and bring to boil, strain it and have it every evening.
2. Sage, Horsetail, and Valerian: Combine 5 tbsp. sage leaves, one tbsp of valerian root, one tbsp of horsetail, add 1 cup of hot water over 1 tbsp. of this concoction, and let it boil. Strain and have one cup every day.
3. Witch hazel, Tormentil root, walnut leaves, eucalyptus, and oak bark: In equal parts of this mixture of herbs bathe feet and hands. Put 5 tbsp. of this concoction to 2 qt. of water and let it boil for five minutes. Strain and add 1 qt. of cold water. Have it every day.
4. Walnut leaves, strawberry leaves, sage, and Nettle leaves: Add 2 parts of stinging nettle leaves and wild strawberry leaves, along with 3 parts of sage leaves and walnut leaves. With a cup of boiling water added to 1 tsp. of this concoction and drink before going to bed.
5. Rose, Dried hops, nettle, walnut, sage leaves, and strawberry: Get four cups of water to boil, add 1 tsp. each of dried stinging nettle, fresh rose petals, fresh or dried strawberry leaves, dried hops, fresh walnut leaves and 3 tsp. of dried sage leaves. Then turn off the heat, and let it steep for 1 hour. Strain and add honey if necessary. Have it every day.
6. Lemon balm, Peppermint and fennel seeds: If the sweating is related to anxiety, make a tea of lemon balm, fennel seeds, and peppermint and have it at bedtime.
7. Astragalus: It regulates the sweat response and balances the sweat.
8. Schisandra Berry: It helps to reduce sweat at nights and sudden sweating.
Some other herbs those are useful in treating excessive sweating are Rehmannia, White Peony root, Schizonepeta, Osha and Asparagus.
9. Rose or Orange Lavender oil: You can add some drops of antibacterial Chinese peppermint oil to the bath water, or two drops of rose, orange or lavender essential oil to the bath water for a pleasing aroma.