Top 10 Diseases that Can be Healed by Accupuncture
The human body can get affected by a number of ailments and complications, stemming from various roots. The same can be said about conditions affecting the human mind in an adverse way. To cope with such conditions, you can resort to various measures and treatments. While resorting to OTC drugs and conventional medications is easy, these come with the risk of side effects. That explains why more and more people are opting for alternative treatments and procedures that bring lasting results and cause no harm to the body. A large section of the human population is switching to the age old tradition of Acupuncture for getting relief from diverse mental and physical disorders.
Acupuncture- The Basics
Acupuncture is known as a comprehensive healing method that involves needle insertion at key parts of the human body, along the meridians. The practice is based on the ancient Chinese concept of Qi, the vital energy that flows in the human body and keeps it in shape. The meridians act as channels for Qi and they link organs, tissues in the body. When the flow of Qi is thwarted, the organs do not get it, leading to pain, imbalance and disorders. Despite the conflicting opinions existing in the medical community regarding the effectiveness of Acupuncture WHO has approved it for treating diverse symptoms, traumas and conditions.
How Acupuncture Therapy is Administered
An acupuncturist uses needles on acupoints- defined acupuncture points to restore free flow of Qi in the recipientâ€™s body. As the needles are inserted at key points, a feeling of warmth prevails and that gets spread all over the body. It is referred as De-Qi sensation. The needles are made of steel and they are usually disposable. Veteran acupuncturists ask recipients about physical conditions and in before starting the procedure. The amount of relief derived from the process varies from one person to another. Some people find instant relief from pain or stress while others may require follow up sessions for the same.
Below listed are some conditions and disorders that can be treated with acupuncture
- Stress: Acupuncture is used to help people cope with rising stress levels. It works well in raising levels of endorphin and serotonin. The process controls production of stress hormone cortisol.
- Depression: Depression caused by professional or personal factors, can be treated with acupuncture. It can also be used in conjunction with other depression control therapies like counselling.
- Hormonal issues in women: Women feel certain physiological complications owing to hormonal imbalance, especially during menopause or during pregnancy. Along with medications, acupuncture can be used to regulate flow and generation of female hormones.
- Infertility: Acupuncture can be used with IVF or as a standalone treatment to treat infertility related problems.
- Various pains: Pains can occur at body parts like the neck, back, hip etc. Various acupuncture procedures are available for treating such pains. It is also used to offer relief to arthritis patients. The procedure can also be administered to treat pains caused by muscle and tissues damaged by sports injuries and similar mishaps.
- Migraines and headaches: Are you tired of rubbing the OTC balm for soothing a persistent headache? Then acupuncture may just be the right thing for you. Acupuncture is applied not only to reduce headache, but also as a preventive measure.
- Sinusitis/Allergic Rhinitis: Acupuncture can create an anti-inflammatory impact on the human body. Therefore, it is effective, for treating Sinusitis and inflammation caused ailments.
- Insomnia: Sleeplessness can wreck havoc on your health. Apart from making you less productive at work, it can also pave the way to several health problems. Acupuncture aids in restoring natural sleep cycle in the recipientâ€™s body. A few sessions may be needed for treating sleeplessness with this therapy.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases: These ailments like ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease can cause abdominal pain and diarrhoea. While conventional medications and surgeries are available for such conditions, application of acupuncture can bring relief.
- Allergies: seasonal and recurring allergies can be treated with acupuncture, especially in people who are immune to conventional anti allergy drugs.