Ayurvedic Cure For Irregular Menstruation
Menstruation is a natural process and it is good if you have a regular menstrual cycle. But sometimes menstruation gets very painful and especially if it is irregular you will have a lot of problems. It may not be very disastrous but if you have irregular periods for a long time it may signal health issues.
Depending on the type of your body your menstrual cycle may differ. It is known that if you have 28 days cycle it is called Regular Period. Sometimes you may have 20 or 35 days cycle also it again depends on your body type. A normal period lasts for 5 days but it can vary from 3 to 7 days also.
Irregular periods are painful as they may disturb your routine. If you are not getting the period in the normal cycle or if the gap between cycles is too much you are having irregular periods. The irregular period also means you may have a late period, delayed period, the gap between periods is more than 40 days, it can also be bleeding twice in the same month of the period, sometimes you will have over bleeding and sometimes it is scanty.
The hormones that are produced to have a period are estrogen and progesterone ideally these hormones are placed in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and ovaries in your body. If these hormones are not produced at the right time and these parts are not sending signs to each other normally, it will cause irregular periods. There are few causes for this hormonal imbalance. They are
- Pregnancy: The hormonal production in pregnant women is of different level this is one of the symptoms for irregular periods
- Stress: Due to weakness, worry and anxiety your hormonal levels are imbalanced
- Diet:If you are underweight or overweight and have poor diet it will cause irregular period
- Exercise: Exercise should be done in limits if it crosses the limit your body can’t take it.
- Menarche: To regularize period after first period it will take 3 years of time
- Menopause: Menopause changes your hormonal levels
- Hormonal Birth Control: If you intake birth control pills it affects the hormones
Here Are Few Recipes That Also Aid in Treating Irregular Menstruation
To the Chopped Onion of 50 gm add one liter of water and boil until it half then filters it and add 30 gm old jaggery have it before 1 hr of breakfast and it should be warm.
- Take sesame/gingelly seeds (Nuvvulu) and black gram every day.
- Take Diluted starch (Ganji) one or two glasses every day.
- Take Moong dal, old jaggery, rice, ghee, milk during periods.
Yogasanas & Praanaayaam
To 10 to 20 ground roots of Nela usiri plant add one cup of rice water add one spoon sugar and take it early in the morning.
1 spoon of medi fruits powder and candy sugar in equal amounts in the morning and evening.
With these recipes, you should be able to regularize your menstrual cycle.