Ayurvedic Treatments for Osteoporosis (Low Bone Density)
Osteoporosis simply means the thinning of bones or bone mass causing the fractures and bone deformations regularly. It reduces the density of bones and weakens them. Such bones fracture easily around the hip, spine and wrist. It affects the skeletal system of our body as a whole.
The causes of Osteoporosis can be a reduction in estrogen level after menopause, deficiency of calcium, Vitamin D and phosphorous or medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid, rheumatoid arthritis, anorexia or bulimia. Poor nutrition, lack of physical movement, smoking, stress and anxiety can also lead to osteoporosis.
According to National Osteoporosis Foundation, it is a “silent disease” as there are no visible symptoms of bone loss in early stages. The observed symptoms of Osteoporosis in later stages include pain in the lower or middle back, hunched physique, loss of height, stooped posture and limited mobility. Osteoporosis is a progressive disease.
Prevention is better than cure. There is a myth that low bone disorder is non-preventive and natural. There are some ways to avoid the onset of Osteoporosis. Better to follow them and live a healthy life. Ayurveda suggests lifestyle modifications for prevention and cure of osteoporosis in long-term.
- Consume three to four meals a day rich in calcium. Ayurveda mentions consuming sesame seeds in the morning soaked in water. Sesame powder stirred in milk will also be beneficial. Almonds are also recommended in Ayurvedic remedies for osteoporosis.
- Exercise is a must. Scholars suggest weight-bearing exercises have a preventive response on Osteoporosis. Walking, jogging, cycling, running, playing will help you strengthen your bone. You should daily exercise in any form for at least half an hour. Yoga can be beneficial and helpful too.
- Dandelion tea can be taken twice a day.
- Get exposure to early morning sunrise as it showers Vitamin D. Your body needs vitamin D to feed bones. It would be better if you exercise in the early morning sunrise. The early morning sunrise is the natural treasure of vitamin D essential for your body. Oily fish will also help to contribute vitamin D for your body and bones. Vitamin D processes the raw calcium into the body.
- Don’t consume cold drinks as they contain harmful acids that wash the enamel off teeth and depletes calcium from bones.
- Don’t smoke. Apart from osteoporosis, it causes several other health problems from breathing disorders to cancers. It reduces the bone density and growth.
- British Journal of Nutrition backs that daily consumption of Prunes prevents fractures and osteoporosis. Prunes act as a natural antioxidant against bone loss due to their polyphenols content.
- Coconut oil consumption reverses the effects of estrogen deficiency, including loss of bone mass.
- Almond milk is rich in calcium and free of radicals that protect against osteoporosis.
- Fish oil supplements benefits in increasing the bone mineral density to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
- The Combination of antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids makes the apple a bone healthy fruit.
- Pineapple contains manganese that prevents and treats Osteoporosis. Manganese deficiency causes bone malfunctioning which oscillates osteoporosis. So pineapple can be consumed daily as a fruit or in form of juice.
- Coriander is abundant in minerals valuable as a cure of low bone density. It should be used in cooking food. Coriander seeds can also be consumed by stirring it with hot water along with honey.
- Change your lifestyle and make it simple. Sleep well and take proper rest. Also exercise daily for an hour in any form. Have proper meals abundant in vitamins and minerals. Don’t smoke and limit alcohol intake or avoid it completely.
- Brussels sprouts are bountiful of vitamin K. Vitamin K helps to activate a protein called “Osteocalcin” that holds calcium molecules together. Thus it prevents osteoporosis.
Set a daily routine and schedule for diet, exercise and other things. Follow it sincerely and have a healthy lifestyle in long term. Health is the real wealth.
Ayurvedic Treatmentfor Osteoporosis:
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian document on medicines consisting of natural herbs. It is completely safe and harmless without any side-effect. According to Ayurveda, osteoporosis is vata disorder.
Ancient ayurveda suggests herbs like Ashwagandha, ParvalPishti, AkkiPishti, MuktaPishti and Shatavari among others for osteoporosis natural treatment and overall well-being. They all have essential vitamins and minerals necessary naturally. They also possess antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances which prevent several disorders along with osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis can be prevented and cured with diet and lifestyle changes. The elite Ayurvedic doctors in Hyderabad suggest, ‘Take care of your health. It is the only place you have to live in’. They will provide you detailed insight for your queries on osteoporosis or other remedies.