How To Increase Platelets Count in Blood with Ayurveda
Medically known as Thrombocytopenia, a low platelet count is a disorder in which the number of platelets in your blood is lower than normal. The smallest of the blood cells, platelets aid in blood clotting by forming plugs for holes in the blood vessels.They have an average lifespan of 5 to 9 days while circulating in the blood. In a healthy person, a normal platelet count ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microlitre of blood. When the count is less than 150,000 per microlitre, it is said to be a low platelet count.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Low Platelet Count
You can use these remedies to improve your blood platelet count and restore it to normal.
Both the fruit and leaves of the papaya can help in increasing blood platelet count that is low. A 2009 Malaysian research at the Asian Institute of Science and Technology found that the juice of papaya leaves can increase the platelet count of dengue fever patients.
- Drink a glass of papaya juice mixed with a little lemon juice, or eat ripe papaya 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also extract papaya leaf juice by pounding the leaves without the stalk using a mortar and pestle. Drink 2 tablespoons of this juice 2 times daily. Keep in mind that papaya leaf juice tastes very bitter.
This vegetable is known to be very effective in improving low blood platelet count. Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A content which helps in supporting proper platelet development. It also works to regulate the proteins that are produced in the cells, which is important for increasing the platelet level.
- Drink half a glass of pumpkin juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey 2 or 3 times a day.
- You should also include pumpkin in your regular diet by adding pumpkin puree to stews, smoothies, soups and baked goods.
According to a study in 2011 that was published in the International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences, you can improve platelet count with wheatgrass. In fact, it can significantly increase haemoglobin, total white blood cell, differential white blood cell and red blood cell counts. This is because wheatgrass is rich in chlorophyll that has a molecular structure that is similar to the haemoglobin molecule found in human blood.
- All you have to do is mix half a cup of wheatgrass juice with a little lemon juice and drink every day.
Because it is a good source of Vitamin K, spinach is often used as a natural low platelet count treatment. Vitamin K plays an important role in blood clotting, reducing the risk of excessive bleeding. You should definitely add this if you have thrombocytopenia.
- Boil 2 cups of water and 4 to 5 spinach leaves for a few minutes. Allow it cool and then add half a glass of tomato juice. Drink this mixture 3 times daily.
- You can also enjoy this dark leafy green in salads, soups, side dishes and smoothies.
If you want to increase your platelet count, it is important to increase your Vitamin C intake, which is also known as ascorbic acid. Studies indicate that this nutrient can improve platelet count. Because it is a powerful antioxidant, high Vitamin C doses also prevent damage of the platelets caused by free radicals. Your body requires 400 to 2,000 mg of this vital nutrient daily, depending on your age and overall health.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in Vitamin C such as spinach, oranges, lemons, kiwi, tomatoes, broccoli, cantaloupes and bell peppers.
- You can also take Vitamin C supplements, but make sure that you consult your doctor first.
This is a popular Ayurvedic treatment for improving platelet count. Also known as amla, Indian gooseberries are high in Vitamin C which helps in boosting the production of platelets and enhancing the immune system.
- Eat 3 to 4 amlas every morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also mix 2 tablespoons each of amla juice and honey. Drink this mixture 2 to 3 times a day.
- Another great way to consume Indian gooseberry and gain its benefits is to eat fresh homemade amla pickles and jams.
Eating beetroot is another effective way to boost blood platelet production in your body. It is rich in natural hemostatic and antioxidant properties which can help in increasing your platelet count in just a few days.
- Drink 1 tablespoon of fresh beetroot juice 3 times a day.
- You can also mix 3 tablespoons of the juice in 1 glass of carrot juice and drink it 2 times a day for great results.
This is a cold-pressed oil that works wonders in increasing blood platelet count. Sesame oil has properties that can naturally increase platelet level. It reduces inflammation, reduces free radical damage and helps improve blood circulation in the body.
- Drink 1-2 tablespoons of high-quality sesame oil 2 times daily.
- You can also rub the oil externally on the area of the lymph nodes several times a day to help boost platelet count.
- Additionally, you can use cold-pressed sesame oil for cooking.
Blood cells are made of protein and water. This is why you should drink plenty of water throughout the day to increase your platelet level. When it comes to improving low platelet count, you should avoid drinking cold water as it can have an effect on your digestive tract and also prevent your body from absorbing nutrients properly. Drink purified and filtered room-temperature water as it will boost production of blood cells and eventually improve platelet count.
- Make sure that you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Getting regular exercise is important if you want a natural low platelet count treatment. It improves your immune system, boosts circulation of blood and leads to an increase in platelet levels in the blood. Gentle stretching and walking, light resistance workouts, golfing, stationary cycling, jogging, and biking are all excellent exercises for those with low platelet levels.
Ayurvedic Medicine For Blood Platelet Count
Patanjali Giloy Ghan Vati is a Patanjali product for increasing blood platelet count. It is one of the best ayurvedic medicine to increase blood platelet count. Giloy is an excellent herb in fighting fevers like chikungunya and Dengue. It instantly raises the immunity and blood platelets.
Keep in mind that you should avoid any type of exercise if your platelet count is less than 15,000 as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
When it comes to improving blood platelet count, nothing works quite as an effectively as an Ayurvedic treatment. It is safe and natural and provides a wide range of other health benefits. However, if these natural remedies do not work in improving your platelet count, make sure that you consult your Ayurvedic doctor near to you.