Top Summer Face Packs to Protect Your Skin
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net.
The most dreaded summer is here and our skin takes the beating. Healthy, supple, acne-free and tan-free skin suffers a lot in extreme weather conditions, summer to be more precise. Negligence can lead to sunburns and severe tanning. Instead of running around salons to get your skin treated, here are a few easy-to-make herbal face packs that restore your skin’s vitality and keep it healthy during summer.
- 1. Aloevera and lemon pack – Aloevera is extensively used in beauty products for its sheer ability to clean up the skin pores and tanned areas. After you come back home from the scorching sun, mix some aloe gel with a little lemon juice and some rose water. Apply it on your skin and leave it for 10minutes. Wash it with cold water and pat your face dry. Repeat the process every day for best results.
- 2. Amla and yoghurt pack – Indian gooseberries or amla, are known to clean scars and dark spots on the skin. During summer, dust and the heat together make skin look dark and patchy. Mash a couple of gooseberries with some curd and a spoon of honey. Apply it on the face and wash it after 20mins.
- 3. Milk and turmeric pack – Good old Ayurveda says milk is an excellent natural skin cleanser and works wonders for skin tan. Club it with turmeric; you will have an excellent face pack for summer. Take a cup of fresh raw milk and add a pinch of turmeric. Soak some cotton in the mix and spread it all over the face. Wash after half an hour with cold water. You can apply this mix on the neck too.
- 4. Neem leaves and honey pack – Neem is known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Dry summer heat makes home for all types of bacteria and other micro-organisms that cause skin infections. Crush some neem leaves in honey and apply the mixture on the neck and face. Let it dry completely and wash it off.
- 5. Tea and honey pack – Tea is a favourite hot beverage for many. The same tea leaves when applied on the body externally make great skin cleansers. Boil some tea leaves in very little water and extract the decoction. Add two spoons of honey to it and let it cool. Apply this mixture on the face, neck and hands. Wash it off with cold water after 20mins. Tea leaves cool down prickly heat and clean the skin pores.
- 6. Cool face pack – Mint leaves are great summer coolers. Mint when eaten or applied externally, cools down the temperature immediately. Get some mint (pudina) leaves and crush them with little turmeric powder. You can make it into a paste by adding little water. Spread this paste all over the face and let it dry. Wash it off and pat dry. Your face will instantly feel cool and fresh.
- 7. Pure honey pack – There’s so much goodness in a small bottle of honey. Fresh and pure honey is full of cleansing properties. When consumed, it detoxifies the body and reduces excess flab too. Similarly, when applied on the skin, it removes tan and leaves the skin clean and supple. Wash your face and neck first and pat dry. Apply fresh honey all over leaving the eyebrows. Let it dry before washing it off. Repeat this thrice a week for best results.
With all these face packs on the list, there’s no way you can get a tan this summer. For best and instant results, apply these packs as soon as you come back home after a tiring day. Always make them instantly and never store them in the refrigerator. Trust motherly Ayurveda and bid goodbye to tans and burns.